By way of ponders_life
Go to Wikipedia. In the search box, type your birth month and day (but not year). List three events that happened on your birthday. List two important birthdays and one interesting death. Post this in your journal.
• 1684 - Isaac Newton's derivation of Kepler's laws from his theory of gravity, contained in the paper De motu corporum in gyrum, is read to the Royal Society by Edmund Halley.
• 1868 - The first traffic lights are installed outside the Houses of Parliament in London. Resembling railway signals, they use semaphore arms and are illuminated at night by red and green gas lamps.
• 1965 - The Grateful Dead play their first concert, at the Fillmore in San Francisco.
• 1815 - Ada Lovelace, British computer programmer (d. 1852)
• 1830 - Emily Dickinson, American poet (d. 1886)
• 1967 - Otis Redding, American soul singer (b. 1941)