First meme: Go here and keep clicking until you find five quotations that represent you.
1. Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.
H. G. Wells (1866 - 1946)
2. The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
3. Marriage is not merely sharing the fettucini, but sharing the burden of finding the fettucini restaurant in the first place.
Calvin Trillin (1935 - )
4. Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving.
Rosalind Russell, as Aunti Mame
5. The test of our progress is not whether we add to the abundance of those who have much. It is whether we provide enough to those who have little.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second meme: Six random things about me.
o I have five freckles on my right arm that make a perfect pentagram.
o Like anelith, I have 2 holes in my ears, one on one side and two on the other, but I stopped putting an earring in the third hole as soon as piercing became fad.
o I can't work while I'm listening to music that has lyrics in English. Music in any other language (even one of the ones I can speak) or without lyrics is fine.
o When I was pregnant, I had serious cravings for cucumbers and avocados (not at the same time, though).
o I have worn corrective lenses of one sort or another since I was 8. If I had lived before glasses were widely available, I would have been utterly useless.
o I used to live in a constant struggle between my desire to wear my wonderfully comfortable linen clothes and my deep-seated hatred for ironing. Now I just pay someone else to do it and feel horribly bourgeiose.
Tagging szandara, tisiphone, and ahistoricality to do this one, you know, if you want to that is. (ahistoricality may have already done the first part, it's kind of hard to tell, so just doing the second part would count.)